Aladin Desktop is the main application of the
Aladin Sky Atlas suite.
Developed in Java, Aladin Desktop is able to run on any configuration
(Windows, Mac, Linux, etc) even on small machines (>128MB RAM). Aladin Desktop
is free, distributed under GPL3 licence
Download it and install it according to your operating system.
Several versions are provided: the official, the beta version, etc, and
also some source packages.
As any Java tool, Aladin Desktop requires a Java Virtual Machine
on your machine.
- OS specific packages
1) Download it on your desktop
2) That's all
Windows - with JVM
1) Download the MSI installer
2) Execute it
1) Download it and untar it
2) Use aladin shell launcher
Linux - with JVM
1) Download the installer
2) Double-click on it
- Piece by piece:
The beta version incorporates new features in test phase for the next
official Aladin version. The stability of these features is not
totally guaranteed. The beta version is regularly updated following
the progress of the Aladin developement team. Contrary to the official
Aladin version, Aladin Beta version is not open source, all rights are
reserved to the right owner.
New features and performance improvements:
Access to planetary data (areas, coverages, catalogues) [available via the user preferences].
Photometric tool stats improvements (table management from polygons and circles)
Pixel table generation from arbitrary areas (polygons, circles...) -> See Menu Image -> Pixel extraction...
Cone search plane improvement: content update
Instrument FoV display improvement (label, rollable...)
Access to the VizieR "associated data"
Time serie display
- GUI improvements:
- Support for Hight DPI screen -> See User Preference Scaling method
- Grid thickness control
- MOC 2.0 full compliance (STMOC, TMOC)
- MocServer v2 => Resource Tree controlled both by space and time filters)
- STMOC highlight & selection
- MOC size limit facility
- SMOC generation from Box object
- Support for planetary MOCs (proto)
CASSIS VOTool/plugin compatibility
Plugin extension for pixel stats (getStatistics..)
New projections: Mercator, HEALPix
Sextractor service improvement: full local image support
Fits improvement: PanSTARRs BOFFSET/BSOFTEN special coding supported
VOApp interface extension: MOUSEEVENT support
- Hipsgen new coadd mode: SUM, DIV, MUL
- gzip/nogzip automatic strategy for FITS tiles
- Display symmetry (N<->S, E<->W)
- Fix pixel access methods via plugin avoiding memory cache release.
- Removal of potential deadlock when applying a dedicated filter on a HiPS catalogue
- Java getFreeSpace() bug workaround for Hipsgen disk cache
- Fix bug for Coord Tool box ICRS proper motion computation error
- Correct detection of a remote resource not found
- SAVOT bug workaround when reading VOTable TAP in BINARY/base64 generated by DACHS
- Fix bug on SMOC minOrder3 FITS export.
- Correction of out-of-projection measurements (dist tool)
- Fix bug on objects without coordinates
- Fix bug on UTF8 properties
- Fix bug on tiny FITS extension images
- Stat measurements shift error
- HiPS tiles crossing the view in AITOFF projection
- s_region circle radius expressed with E notation (xxEn)
- Plugins classLoader problem with JVM >=1.9
- Save JPEG images with OpenJDK
- STMOC millisecond precision in properties